Tuesday, November 10, 2009

One Up!

So this thing has been happening lately. Annie and I have been participating in "one upping" each other. I thought one of the best ways to carry out a one up is to write a blog about it.

Ok, one upping works like this. One person says or does something and then the next person tries to say or do something that betters that. For example, Annie heard that Cedar was one of the coldest places in like America one day. I in turn sent her a picture of my bike piled up with snow. I one upped.

Also, one downing can be done too. This one is tougher to do. You must be able to take what the other person did or said and bring it down a notch and be able to make them feel sympathetic when you're done. For example,
Taylor: "Hey Annie! Guess what? My teacher made us caramel apples!
Annie: "Oh, that's nice. One of my teachers just gave us a small piece of candy... I wish I had a caramel apple."

So, now that I've done this blog about one upping, I think I just one upped Annie's comment on Megan's blog. One Up!

Some of the memories in this blog have been embellished because I can't really remember how they exactly went down.

2 comments:

Annie G said...

Hahah...Nice Taylor. I don't think I can one up this. Maybe I'll try though. Or possibly one down it.

I'm just really happy you wrote this, it made me laugh. And I think I'm going to text you about it right now haha.

Also... Of course some of the memories were embellished..when can either of us ever remember a memory right? haha

Megan said...

You guys are such good friends- But remember no put downs just put ups.. I also commented on my blog that you guys were competing for the "one-upped" spot... so check it out